To discuss your matter with ACHKAR LAW – Toronto Employment, Labour, and Human Rights Lawyers call 647-946-6440, e-mail email@example.com or fill out the form below.
Achkar Law provides comprehensive legal advice and assistance when it comes to ensuring the Human Rights Code is being complied with.
When it comes to employers in Toronto and Ontario, Achkar Law ensures they do not treat their employers in ways that could potentially be viewed as discriminatory and against the Human Rights Code. Whether employers are looking for help on preventative measures, or if they were accused of Code violations and they are involved in litigation, we are happy to help.
We also help employees who want to make sure that human rights violations have occurred in their workplace. If you find yourself in this type of situation, it is crucial to seek professional legal advice at the earliest possible opportunity. At Achkar Law, we have a team of lawyers who focus their practice in human rights issues so do not hesitate to contact us if you are in need of legal assistance.
Cases in Which a Human Rights Lawyers in Toronto Can Help
Whether a human rights violation has actually occurred is something that can usually only be determined with the help of an experienced legal professional and, ultimately, by taking legal action to seek redress. Below, you will find just a few examples of circumstances in which it may be appropriate for you to consult a human rights lawyers in Toronto (there are many more so if you are not sure of your legal position, we urge you to contact us without delay).
- Discrimination on the basis of Disability – suffering from a disability is not something that employees can control. Being treated fairly and without discrimination on the basis of your disability is of utmost importance. Whether you suffer from depression, anxiety, addiction, or any other form of mental health-related issues, our lawyers are happy to help.
- Sexual Harassment – Victims of sexual harassment in the workplace are protected by the Human Rights Code and should seek immediate legal assistance. We have handled numerous sexual harassment cases during our time practising law in Toronto and have an excellent record of achievement in this field. Contact us now to discuss your case in confidence with a member of our team.
- Discrimination Based on Age – If you believe that you have been treated unfairly because of your age, you should definitely seek professional advice. Our lawyers will be able to review your case and let you know if you have grounds to file an application at the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario or at the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
- Gender or Pregnancy Discrimination – It is, of course, unacceptable for any company to discriminate against their employees based on gender or if they became pregnant or on maternity leave. If you think that you have suffered from such discrimination, you should consult with a human rights lawyers in Toronto as soon as possible. Our team can represent you throughout the course of your legal action or application and help to ensure that a satisfactory outcome is achieved.
- Racial Discrimination – Almost everybody knows that racial discrimination in the workplace constitutes a human rights violation but many employers and employees are not sure how to determine the most appropriate course of action to take in such circumstances. Call and speak with us about your case and we will be happy to provide you with all the help and guidance you need.
Other common human rights violations include discrimination based on family status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, creed, place of origin. Whatever your particular case may involve, you can discuss your options with one of our human rights lawyers. To book a consultation, simply complete the form on this page or call the number provided to arrange a meeting.
BOOK A CONSULTATION TODAY