There are myriad laws at both the federal and provincial level that govern the employer-employee relationship in Toronto. If you are an employee who believes his or her rights have been violated, Achkar Law is here to help. Likewise if you are an employer who needs advice on any of a multitude of employment issues call Achkar Law at 647-946-6440, for a consultation.
What We Do
Achkar employment lawyers Toronto conduct litigation as well as negotiations and obtain settlements for aggrieved employees on an individual basis. We also provide legal representation for businesses, large and small.
We represent employees in a range of different instances including:
- Sexual harassment lawsuits
- Racial, sexual, religious or other types of discrimination
- Wrongful termination suits
- Being denied wage and proper compensation, including tips and commissions
- Being denied overtime page
For executive employees, we review:
- Executive employment agreements
- Severance agreements and
- Benefits packages
We arbitrate labour disputes and litigate all employment law related issues, including breaches in confidentiality clauses, non-compete agreements, among others.
We offer a full array of important employment-related legal services to businesses including but not limited to:
- Workplace Policies – Having a set of effective workplace policies is not only good business, it helps avoid uncertainty with what your employees are supposed to do. An effective set of workplace policies can be of tremendous help when it comes to establishing workplace expectations and standards of behaviour as well as in establishing effective disciplinary procedures.
- Employment Contracts – Employment contracts are sometimes treated like an afterthought by employers without realized the problematic nature of running a business without contracts. Employment contracts are used to establish vital aspects of your workers relationship with the company. And most importantly, they establish the entitlements of employees when they are terminated – which ideally, to employers, should be kept at a minimum.
- Business Evolution Issues – In today’s fast paced global business environment, static companies do not flourish and reach their potential. As such companies today often need to make changes to their relationship with their workers in order to facilitate the adaptations necessary to ensure survival.
- Terminations – Botched terminations often come back to haunt employers and breed costly litigation. Consulting with an employment lawyer prior to a termination is the best way to avoid creating a situation where an aggrieved employee takes to the courts. Achkar Law helps in minimizing issues, pushing otherwise arduous issues towards a quick resolution.
Regardless of the nature of your employment related issue, Achkar Law can help. Employment lawyers in Toronto are many, but you want a firm with the right experience and resources to help. We help employees defend their rights against unscrupulous employers and help business owners makes sure all employee interactions take place in a predictable manner conducive to the long term health of the business.
Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to serve as, or should be construed as legal advice, and is only to provide general information. It is in no way particular to your case and should not be relied on in any way. No portion or use of this blog will establish a lawyer-client relationship with the author or any related party. Should you require legal advice for your particular situation, fill out the contact form, call (647)946-6440, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOOK A CONSULTATION TODAY