Achkar Law’s employment law firm Mississauga offers assistance to both employees and employers for all work-related issues. Various legal complaints pertaining to employee-employer relationships are referred to as “Employment Law.”The existence of employment laws enacted by both state and federal governments can make it very difficult to navigate rights and regulatory landscapes that overlap and sometimes conflict, especially for large businesses.
A lawyer with experience in employment law can assist you in a variety of matters, including:
- Workplace safety
- Workplace investigations
- Wrongful terminations
- Severance packages
- Executive compensation
- Workplace harassment
- Drafting and review of employment agreements
- Violations of the Ontario Human Rights Code
The following are examples of employee complaints that typically result in a legal action:
- Discrimination: Some of the most prevalent forms of discrimination that employees and potential employees encounter include discrimination based on gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
- Sexual harassment: This includes inappropriate sexually suggestive behaviour and/or speech that makes it difficult for an employee to do their job well and is frequently regarded as discriminatory.
- Bullying and Harassment: Employers must investigate and address workplace bullying and harassment. If an employee files a complaint or the employer has reason to believe that bullying or harassment is occurring in the workplace, they have certain responsibilities that, if not followed, could result in serious issues.
- Wrongful Dismissal: An employee can sue their former employer if they believe they were fired in an unfair manner. For instance, if you have evidence that your pregnancy, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation were the reasons you were fired.
Achkar Law offers numerous legal services to both big and small businesses. Achkar Law, a Mississauga employment law firm, is of the opinion that it is frequently in your best interest to address issues before they become so serious that they threaten your company’s health. We can assist with a wide range of workplace issues. This includes:
- Employment contracts
- Compensation and benefits agreements
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Agreements with independent contractors
- Workplace health and safety issues
- Developing workplace practices and policies
- Layoffs, dismissals, large-scale terminations and more
We take great care to adapt our strategy to the particular features and requirements of your company. When you need a Mississauga employment law firm, Achkar Law is here for you.
Visit our CLO program page for strategic solutions if you are a small business seeking full-service support.